Mixbus is a full-featured digital audio workstation (DAW) for recording, editing, mixing, and mastering your music and comes with 19 built-in plugins!
Mixbus 32C Digital Audio Workstation
Over the last 40 years, Harrison consoles have earned an enviable reputation for excellence throughout the world. This is no accident. Such a level of acceptance can only be gained as a product proves its maturity through performance in the field. This real-time reputation is, without a doubt, the best measure of a product's true worth. For example, the world renowned Harrison 32C analog console was used on records such as Michael Jackson’s "Thriller", Paul Simon’s "Graceland", Janet Jackson, AC/DC, ABBA, Queen, Led Zeppelin, ELO, Genesis, Blondie, and Supertramp, to name a few. It was also instrumental in establishing the sound of those amazing records. Many of those consoles are still in operation throughout the world.
Mixbus32C is a full-featured workstation with a re-creation of the Harrison 32C mixer.
Due to its traditional knob-per-function layout, the most commonly used controls are displayed and are accessible at all times using a rich, high contrast, GUI design that gracefully and accurately emulates the original hardware version of the Harrison 32C console. This traditional layout not only looks good but allows the engineer to approach the console as if it were a musical instrument, directly affecting the art of mixing and contributing greatly to the success of any given mix.
Harrison has pioneered the use of high performance computer technology over the last 20 years to provide unmatched processing power in the world's largest mixing environments. By keeping up with these incremental technological steps through the decades, Harrison can now faithfully emulate the beautifully-designed analog signal processing designs of the past and incorporate them into a full function "True Analog" mixing console within the digital audio workstation environment.
Each Mixbus32C channel strip incorporates an exact emulation of the original Harrison 32C parametric four-band sweepable EQ with a separately switchable filter section including second order high-pass and low-pass filters. Every resistor, capacitor, and transistor was modeled.
A partial list of Mixbus32C feature
- Straightforward "knob per function" mixer layout based on Harrison's renowned music consoles
- Precise emulation based on Harrison's famous analog console circuit designs
- Precision algorithms for EQ, Filter, Compression, Analog Tape Saturation, and Summing
- The Mixbus engine is internally dithered, ramped, and gain staged so that sound quality is preserved as close to analog as possible
- Unlimited stereo or mono input channels, each with unlimited plug-ins, sends, and hardware inserts. (limited only by CPU and disc speed)
- Unlimited MIDI tracks, each with virtual instrument support, unlimited plug-ins, sends and inserts
- Polarity, Input trim, Sweepable 4-band EQ with second order HP and LP filters, Compression, and 12 mix bus sends on every track
- Mixbus32C has an optimized signal flow with 12 stereo mix buses and a master bus, all featuring Tone controls, Compression, Sidechaining, and Analog Tape Saturation simulation
- Stereo Master Bus that features Tone controls, Analog Tape Saturation, K-meter, Stereo Correlation Meter, and Limiter
- Automatic plug-in delay compensation to support effects such as parallel compression without time misalignment
- Comprehensive "at-a-glance" metering with peak, peak hold, and compressor gain reduction visible on every track and bus
- Extensive DAW editing features including "Smart Tool", Ripple Edit, and configurable keybindings for nearly every operation
- Industry standard plug-in support: Mixbus loads AudioUnit (AU) plug-ins on OSX; and VST3, VST and LV2 plug-ins on all platforms
- Mixbus provides professional features such as Loudness Analysis (dBTP+LUFS+LU Range), LTC (SMPTE) generation and sync; video pullup/pulldown
- Persistent undo (undo remains possible after closing and reopening a session)
- The Latest generation of Harrison's "True Analog Mixing™" processing engine with enhanced compressor/limiter algorithms; built-in sidechain bussing, and increased plug-in flexibility
- Support for video timeline, video window, and audio+video exports
- A dedicated Recording window that provides hardware-like metering of your soundcard inputs
- Recording operates like a tape machine: Punch-in on the fly, and use per-track input monitoring just like a multitrack tape machine
- Extensive export features including multitrack stem export, simultaneous multi-format exports, multiple export ranges, CD track markers, silence trimming, normalization, and command-line arguments to trigger third-party encoders or file-management scripts
- Audio regions are stacked in "layers", and every region fadein/out is a crossfade to the region(s) beneath it
- Plugin "pin connection management" provides rich editing of signal-flow through each channel's path, including full support for dual mono, mono-to-stereo, sidechaining, and other advanced flows
- The user interface scales to fit your monitor; larger monitors will get bigger knobs and sharper text
- Refined workflow and graphics, including scaling and support for HiDPI (Retina) displays
- Generic MIDI devices can use "MIDI Learn" to assign MIDI controls directly to on-screen knobs or use MIDI profiles to select many pre-configured device layouts from a pull-down menu
- Mackie control protocol is provided for motorized fader controllers, and the Mackie protocols have been extended to ergonomically control the Mixbus channelstrip EQ, compressor, and 8 mixbus sends. Dedicated support is provided for popular devices like the Presonus Faderport, Mackie MCU, and Behringer X-Touch controllers
- OSC (Open Sound Control) protocol supports ethernet-based wireless tablet controllers such as TouchOSC and Lemur for iOS and Android to remote-control Mixbus
- Lua Scripting: Use the Lua scripting language to automate tasks such as track creation, renaming tracks, adding plugins, or creating "macro" operations
- VCA Faders: Use VCA faders to control multiple channel faders at once. A fader can be assigned to multiple remote VCA faders, adding another powerful dimension of control and organization to your mixes
- Tempo Ramps and Tempo Maps: Use advanced features to map your live recording's tempo and structure (no need to record to a click!)—or import a tempo map from MIDI
New in Version 7
- Dedicated "Recorder" window provides a compact view of your track's record & monitor status plus a simplified timeline that keeps everything in view at once
- TapeX™ workflow is optimized for the task of multitrack band recording
- Provides a compact view of your track's record & monitor status plus a simplified timeline that keeps everything in view at once
- Provides a dedicated meter-bridge for your soundcard inputs: you no longer have to create a Track to see which hardware input you are plugged into
- Allows you to rename your device's hardware inputs to match your studio connections: "Vocal Mic", "Guitar Mic", "Bass DI" ... these names are retained across sessions
- Mac and Windows installers are now Signed and Notarized: no more security prompts during installation!
- Updated Mac builds use the latest Apple tools to support the new Waves v12 plugins (among other benefits)
- Updated ASIO driver for Windows: improved cpu performance and better support for ASIO devices that use milliseconds to set the buffersize rather than samples
Own a prior version of Mixbus or 32C? Your old license will not work in the latest version. But you can install the latest software to evaluate it, without affecting your current installation. For "major" version updates, registered users will receive a coupon code via email to purchase the new version at a discounted price. Click here to see our full upgrade policy. If you did not receive your update email, please write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org