MPC5 Film Console
Every facet of the MPC series has been refined and incorporated into the newest, most feature-complete film console available, the MPC5. 10 touch-sensitive knobs per channel strip, rich displays, long-life switches, premium faders, and lavish center-section facilities make the MPC5 stand head and shoulders above the competition. The MPC5 uses a new extruded aluminum frame with TFT waveform displays over every channel. The surface is highly configurable, with an unlimited frame width to accommodate an unlimited number of faders. The massive DSP power available on the MPC5 is provided via Harrison's revolutionary Xrange DSP system. Many hundreds of channels are available along with Harrison's industry standard Film Monitoring system and multi-operator IKIS Automation platform. The total MPC5 package provides limitless mixing potential for demanding users.
Some of the facilities using an MPC include: Sony Pictures
(Hollywood), Universal Studios (Hollywood), ARRI (Germany), MMZ
(Germany), CinePostproduction Bavaria (Germany), MosFilm (Russia),
Creative Sound (France),
Deluxe Sound|Picture (Canada), Ardmore Film Studios (Ireland), Ramoji
Film City (India), Shree Balaji (India) and China Film Group. MPCs are
installed at film schools worldwide including Full Sail (USA), HFF
(Germany), and dffb (Germany). Working on an MPC5 puts you in this
Dolby Atmos mixing session on the Harrison MPC5 at Creative Sound, Paris, France
Available Features in the MPC5 Include:
- 64-bit processing using Xrange DSP. Each channel has 2 inputs, 8 bands of EQ, Gate, Compressor, and 2 patches.
- 16-wide panning to 64 main busses and 16 auxes (typical, more available depending on configuration).
- Complete signal processing: EQ, Dynamics, Routing and Panning available with NO allocation.
- Xrange DSP plugins including "forensic" dialog cleanup, de-noising, de-essing, phone simulation and LFE enhancement.
- Look-ahead Bus Limiters on every main bus.
- Time-aligned throughput, even with multi-router, multi-engine systems. Channel processing elements do not affect latency.
- Comprehensive monitoring system including bus summing, PEC Direct switching, and speaker management.
- Up to 8 Pec/Direct panels per console. Full multi-operator functionality.
- Harrison "In-Console" PreView™ waveforms with History. No DAW required. A patented Harrison exclusive.
- Motorized, Touch-Sensitive Joysticks for surround panning - another Harrison patent.
- Only the highest quality components are used in the MPC5. The console is built to ensure reliability and quality for many years.
- Multi-operator configurations using IKIS automation system.
- Multiple control screens including satellite Machine Room Control.
- Xrouter signal router, affording nearly limitless I/O and inter-process routing.
- Efficient, traditional design means less keystrokes for critical functions, this provides more time for creativity.
- Xdubber stem recorder, connects directly to console for 32-bit predub recording.
- Comprehensive AES (with SRC) and Analog I/O.
- Layering and profiling of channels into any configuration on the surface, including a mix of DSP and workstation channels, from 16 to 160 faders or more.
- DAW control via IKIS Direct - Use the console faders to control dozens of DAWs simultaneously.
- "Future Proofed" design allows your MPC to be upgraded to any future technology.