Harrison 32cs Channel Strip
The 32cs provides one channel of the legendary Harrison 32 series console sound in a convenient 1U rack space! Harrison 32 series consoles have been used to record and mix iconic albums from a multitude of legendary artists - Michael Jackson, Kansas, Queen, and many more! Each Harrison 32cs unit is hand-built in Nashville, Tennessee, USA, using the highest quality parts and construction.
- Input section with transformer-coupled mic preamplifier
- Switchable high and low-pass filters with HPF "Bump" feature
- 4 band semi-parametric EQ with switchable Shelving/Bell modes
- Switchable insert point that may be moved pre- or post- filters
- Zero-latency analog monitoring/mix section with high-powered headphone output
- Comprehensive I/O using no-compromise, differentially balanced connections
- Colored LED
indicators above each switch that clearly indicate when the switch is
- Laser-etched front panel for long life.
The input section of the 32cs features a Lundahl input transformer and Harrison's classic mic preamp design with over 70dB of gain. Switchable selections include front-panel input jack, hi-z instrument loading, phase-invert, -20dB pad, and true 48v phantom power. There's also a 6-segment LED meter to monitor the incoming level.
the rear insert
jacks for pre or post-filter external processing. Insert
are always active, while the swtich enables the return path
either pre-filter or pre-EQ. This allows the mic preamp to be
used separately from the EQ. In this case, the filters can be
inserted in the mic preamp block or
the EQ block
by using the pre/post switch.
The filter section provides separate on/off switches for the high and low-pass filters. The filters use the wide overlapping ranges that were pioneered by Harrison in the 32-Series consoles. The high-pass filter features a switch for Harrison's popular "Bump" feature - which provides a resonant boost above the selected frequency. This helps keep instruments from sounding too thin when low-end energy is rolled off.
The EQ section
is the same
as that used in Harrison's iconic 32-Series recording
4 bands with widely overlapping frequency ranges are
The "Low" and "High"
controls default to shelving, but can be individually switched to a
bell curve. In "Bell" mode, all 4 bands provide a
design that imparts a wide bandwidth when making
small adjustments, and a narrower bandwidth as gain is added.
This allows the EQ to work as a tone control or a surgical
The analog monitoring section provides true zero-latency monitoring of the 32cs output blended with a stereo 2mix. This allows DAW users to take the 32cs on the road and track directly into their computer without an external mixer. The "blend" knob controls the mix between the 32cs output and the 2mix input. A mute switch and level knob feed the high-power headphone amplifier and rear line-level speaker connections, so you can work with headphones or small powered speakers while on the road.
- Front panel input: combo jack (1/4" instrument, and XLR microphone/line input)
- Front panel headphone output: 1/4" TRS with high-power headphone amplifier
- Rear panel input: XLR mic/line input
- Rear panel main out: XLR line-level output with Harrison's discrete output stage*
- Rear panel "insert": XLR line input and output, fully balanced*
- Rear panel "2mix" input: (2) XLR line inputs
- Rear panel monitor output: (2) XLR line outputs*
*All outputs are fully-differential balanced, suitable for broadcast-standard 600ohm loads