facet of the MPC series has been refined and incorporated into the
newest, most feature-complete film console available, the MPC5.
10 touch-sensitive knobs per channel strip, rich displays, long-life
switches, premium faders, and lavish center-section facilities make the
MPC5 stand head and shoulders above the competition. The MPC5
uses a new extruded aluminum frame with TFT waveform displays over
every channel. The surface is highly configurable, with an
unlimited frame width to accomodate an unlimited number of faders. The
massive DSP power available on the MPC5 is provided via Harrison's
revolutionary Xrange DSP system. Many hundreds of channels are
available along with Harrison's industry standard Film Monitoring
system and multi-operator IKIS Automation platform. The total MPC5
package provides limitless mixing potential for demanding users.
of the facilities using an MPC include: Sony Pictures (Hollywood),
Universal Studios (Hollywood), ARRI (Germany), MMZ (Germany),
CinePostproduction Bavaria (Germany), MosFilm (Russia), Deluxe
Sound|Picture (Canada), Ardmore Film Studios (Ireland), Ramoji Film
City (India), Shree Balaji (India)and China Film Group. MPCs are
installed at film schools worldwide including Full Sail (USA) and FFS
(Germany). Working on an MPC5 puts you in this elite group.
Available Features in the MPC5 Include:
- 64-bit processing using Xrange DSP. Each channel has 2 inputs, 8 bands of EQ, Gate, Compressor, and 2 patches.
- 16-wide panning to 64 main busses and 16 auxes (typical, more available depending on configuration).
- Complete signal processing: EQ, Dynamics, Routing and Panning available with NO allocation.
- Xrange DSP plugins including "forensic" dialog cleanup, de-noising, de-essing, phone simulation and LFE enhancement.
- Look-ahead Bus Limiters on every main bus.
- Time-aligned throughput, even with multi-router, multi-engine systems. Channel processing elements do not affect latency.
- Comprehensive monitoring system including bus summing, Pec Direct switching, and speaker management.
- Up to 8 Pec/Direct panels per console. Full multi-operator functionality.
- Harrison "In-Console" PreView™ waveforms with History. No DAW required. A patented Harrison exclusive.
- Motorized, Touch-Sensitive Joysticks for surround panning - another Harrison patent.
- Only the highest quality components are used in the MPC5-D. Built to ensure reliability and quality for many years.
- Multi-operator configurations using IKIS automation system
- Multiple control screens including satellite Machine Room Control.
- Xrouter signal router, affording nearly limitless I/O and inter-process routing.
- Efficient, traditional design means less keystrokes for critical functions, this provides more time for creativity.
- Xdubber stem recorder, connects directly to console for 32-bit predub recording
- Comprehensive AES (with SRC) and Analog I/O
and profiling of channels into any configuration on the surface,
including a mix of DSP and workstation channels, from 16 to 160 faders
- DAW control via IKIS Direct - Use the console faders to control dozens of DAWs simultaneously.
- "Future Proofed" design allows your MPC to be upgraded to any future technology.